Working over the years for many different clients, the one question that continually comes up is, what is the ROI if I was to outsource my calls to you as a Virtual Assistant.
Many factors come into play.
- Targeting the right audience/customer
- Contacting the actual decision maker, not front reception
- Calling at the right time of the day
- Consistently following up with a call, email then another follow up call
- Why would the decision maker want to do business with you, what can you offer, your point of difference
- Why do you want to do business with this customer, what is your main reason, don’t say I need the lead/job, there has to be a reason behind it
- What are you offering that is different to your competitors
Now coming back to the heading of this article. The ROI you will receive if you outsource your calls can be anywhere from 0% to 100% because I cannot guarantee you what the ROI will be. When I see marketers guarantee 25% return or 50% return, it isn’t feasible to do this. You are making promises that you cannot meet.
When I make calls, it’s about quality leads. I could obtain for example 50 leads for a client after calling around 200 contacts for example. Out of those 50 leads, only around 8 may convert. Is that a good ROI? no..it isn’t.
The difference is there are so many factors to think about and look at strategically, before any call is made. That is why as part of my packages I offer a scope call and we go through everything together. I would prefer 20 quality leads that would convert to a sale, then 50 leads that may only result in obtaining a customers email address. If you want that, you might as well search their website and copy their email and put it on your next mail out.
So when it comes to making outbound calls, you need to consider quality vs quantity. Are you wanting actual customers, or just email addresses to add to your CRM?
The choice is yours….call me today and I hope to clarify some other points further with you and help you with your outbound calls.
Barbara has operated her VA business for many years. She enjoys collaborating and providing effective and workable strategies with clients. She is a lady who takes initiative with every task at hand. From Lead Generation to content writing, business development to project management and admin in between, she has you covered.
Barbara Burstall - BBMC – Virtual Assistance
(A VA who thinks OUTSIDE the square)